Thursday, March 22, 2007

Yoga before bed with the kids

The past several nights I have done yoga with the kids before bed. It has been fantastic. My 5 year old boy devours the poses.
"Look dad. I can do up dog and look at the ceiling."
"Dad! I am doing down dog and I can see the door."
He holds the poses along with Rodney Yee who leads the power yoga video. T made it 20 minutes on the first night. I had the under at 5 minutes.
My youngest daughter was a riot as well. 3 Year old M held her down dog right along with daddy and T. She love to run under Daddy's bridge while I am doing down dog.
We lined up our 3 yoga mats side by side and hugged and kissed each other as we transitioned in and out of the poses. It was adorable.
Mommy and L joined us for yoga the next night. All five of us moved in and out of the postures for 10 minutes before bedtime. It was a joyous time.

1 comment:

T said...

That's such an awesome way to spend time with the family. Yoga has benefits far beyond what is at first apparent. (Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog. It made my night to know that someone had seen it and understood!)