Friday, January 28, 2005

Yoga and time with my mom

We get a sitter on Thursday nights so that my wife and I can exercise. I go out to a yoga class and my wife goes to volleyball. After yoga I popped in on my wife's v-ball game. I watched her rip a few spikes and then headed out. I figured this would be a great time to stop in on my mom.
I picked up a salad and Jr Beef on the way to my mom's. I forgot my phone, so I scared the poop out of her when I came banging on the door at 9:30 in the evening.
We sat and talked. She caught me up on all of the family events. I talked to her on the phone the night before, but I know she really likes the face to face contact. I left after about 45 minutes, but I could tell that my mom had gotten her fix of her "little boy".
I enjoy these times with my mom. She is my biggest fan and loves to hear about my life. She often breaks in with off topic comments during my stories, but that has become part of our normal conversation. After she is done sidetracking she usually asks me to go on with what I was saying. We have a lot of laughs and good times.

No comments: